Get Involved with OpenNews
OpenNews is about growing the community around open development in journalism. As a result, it's only as successful as you make it. That's why we need you involved at every step of the way. So please, join in.
Build With Us
We’re helping to sponsor journalism-themed hack days around the world this year, and would love for you to take part.
- We’re actively looking for partners to host hack days, so let us know what you’re up to.
- If you’re a developer who wants to hack with us, check our hack day page to find out what’s happening near you.
Contribute to Source
Source is our site dedicated to journalism code and the community around it. We run regular features delving deeply into news code, as well as work to index all of the code that’s out there in the journalism space. We can’t do it without your help.
- If you’re writing code in the journalism space and want to document your work for Source, or if you’re a writer that wants to help document others' work, we want to hear from you.
- If you’re a coder who wants their open code listed in the Source Code Index, submit to get it listed.
Join our Community
We run OpenNews in the open, and would love for you to join in our weekly calls, our mailing list, or interact with us on Twitter.
- OpenNews Community Calls every other Wednesday at 11am EST.
- OpenNews on Twitter, ask questions, find out what we’re up to, and let us know what you’re doing.
- OpenNews Mailing List. Join the mailing list and engage with a great community.
- OpenNews Wiki. Check out archival content and other information.